Tuesday, January 25, 2011

L-O-V-E

I have an amazing husband. It's true. And just to prove it, this past Sunday he (with the help of my sister and sister-in-law) managed to whisk me away and spoil me at the beautiful and secluded vacation get-away called "THE RESORT ON THE MOUNTAIN" on Mt. Hood.
The night we arrived, we were treated to a couples massage. SOOOOOOO nice. I was pampered with hot stones (totally recommend it) and Brian was given a pressure point for "sporties" one. We both left feeling like warm jell-o. Then slunk our way to the resort restaurant and consumed delicious food (I had mushroom risotto and Brian had a pan seared trout). Feeling full and relaxed we headed back to our room and passed the hot tub on the way. It would have been a waste not to embrace the opportunity, so we quickly changed into swim suits and indulged. Have you ever had the chance to sit in a hot tub while cool little rain drops pepper you? It isn't half bad.
The next morning we got up and went for a walk. Brian is impressed by the amount of moss that grows in the Pacific Northwest. This tree trunk was on the losing end of the battle and had succumbed to the moss completely.
Brian also got a kick out of this sign:
Boring, Oregon. Hmmm.
Thanks to those who helped make this evening possible. My mother, who stayed with our 3 little monkeys and helped get them packed off to school in the morning and my sister and sister-in-law (and their hubbies) who are responsible for planting the bug and planning most of this. Brian was left with the task of creating a convincing story to get me out of the house. It worked. I thought we were going to an art show...and when the GPS indicated that we would be on a specific road for 30 miles, I questioned Brian. He handed me a paper and requested that I double check the address. But there wasn't an address written on the paper. Instead it said, "Surprise! You aren't going to an art show tonight....". It was a lovely surprise and we both appreciated the peaceful quiet time together.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad we didn't leave our kid with you over the weekend. Hopefully the thought of that didn't mess up any of Brian's plans. Glad you had a good time. Maybe we can all hit Sunriver Resort before you head back to the east coast.

Autumn Woods said...

Nice one Brian! I just hope you didn't spend too much time on route 212

Miranda said...

What a fun surprise! I could use a hot stone massage and some mushroom risotto about right now...miss you guys!

Oh, and I need your OR address for a Valentine:)