Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day Surprises


I'm a spoiled mommy! This morning Brogan was up early around 5:15. When he gets up this early I take him downstairs so he doesn't wake anyone else up and give him a bottle. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, he snuggles up next to me and we sleep on the couch for a bit. This morning I was SO groggy that I somehow successfully managed to carry him downstairs, get him a bottle and snuggle him on the couch without noticing the big beautiful vase of flowers and cards that somehow managed to appear over night on the kitchen counter. I wasn't *so* groggy that I didn't notice the smell but I thought it was from another set of flowers I had purchased last weekend just for some fresh pretty reminders of spring. When Cass and KK came down this morning they were so excited. They asked me if I loved my surprise. I was still snuggled on the couch though and hadn't seen the flowers yet. They were thrilled that they were able to surprise me. Apparently I am not very observant at 5am. The flowers are beautiful and Brian put them in a vase that he made. The cards were a perfect touch and I'm glad I have them to add to my collection of tangible memories. Thank you to my sweet little family. You are the best! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

flowers and cards are beautiful! i would love to see the vase that Bzr made

Five Pines said...

Yeah.....what's the big card say on the inside!!!