Monday, April 2, 2012

Birthday....

So, I've been craving all things coconut for the past little while. And so, for my birthday, I made my own coconut cake. And enjoyed doing so with Cassidy's assistance. It was SOOOO yummy!
That's a lot of candles...and my kids were disappointed that we didn't get ENOUGH candles on the cake. But, when we blew them out, they were quick to exclaim, "Oh NO! We're going to set off the fire alarm!" Thanks kids. Thanks.
It was a wonderful day. And it doesn't take gifts or extravagant gestures to be a great day. I got toast for breakfast (made with the cooperative (!?) efforts of Cassidy and Kayla). I was showered with home drawn pictures and love notes and "coupon books". I went on a date with Brian. Always a treasured moment. Dinner and a movie. Classic, right? Right! It might not sound spectacular, but it was just what I wanted. Thanks, little family, for making me feel loved and special. Not JUST today, but ESPECIALLY today.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday. By the way, have you tried those Dryers fruit bars - coconut? That's my new thing.