Sunday, April 3, 2011

Treasure Hunting never gets old

About 11 years ago, Brian planned a birthday extravaganza for me that has yet to be matched. He was living on Nantucket Island and I was on the West Coast. I went to visit him on this island for my birthday. He had spent several weeks (maybe months) getting ready for my visit and the birthday we would celebrate while together. He made treasure chests and literally buried them all around the island. We spent a day together following a map and digging up treasure. It was amazing and romantic. Is it any wonder I married the guy a year later? Well, a lot has changed since then. We've added 3 amazing kids to the mix and we are currently living on the West Coast. It seemed appropriate that we have a birthday treasure hunt here as well. And so, on Saturday morning we bundled up the kids and went to Lacamas Lake to hunt for treasure. This is a photo of us consulting the map:
Here we are looking for a new clue. Brian had made flowers out of duck tape and hidden them in tree hollows. Cass helped hide them, so she had a slight advantage and tried really hard not to tell us where they were.
We had to walk across a few bridges, and over a dam...this had Brogan captivated.
At the very last flower we also found some pretty new silver ear rings. I'm wearing them in this photo, but my hair is covering them up. Trust me, they're beautiful.
Don't I have the sweetest hubby ever? And some pretty great kids too! I'm pretty blessed and SO grateful for my life and the chance I have to share it with these incredible individuals. They are my true Treasures and the ones I hope to keep forever.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You do have a great family! I am looking forward to celebrating your birthday when the kiddos all go back to school. Glad you got to have a fun birthday - after all that other "yuck" last week. Was Brian at all concerned about leaving silver earrings in the tree?

Tracey said...

Holy Posting!!! I hope you had a wonderful make-up birthday! You look FAB-U-LOUS! Love you!