Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Going Postal

We understand that this is an extra busy time for shipping companies. We can cut them some slack when it takes a little longer to deliver a package then estimated. BUT, this year we have had some real issues and I'm bloggin about it because I'm SOOOO frustrated. Check out the evidence of just ONE of our shipping horrors. Below, we need to draw your attention to the VERY large, VERY yellow, FRAGILE Handle with Care sticker...see the puncture wound just beneath it? About the size of a clementine....
And in the photo below, you can see the large gaping gash (packing peanuts were literally falling out)...that is about 6-8 inches long....
In all it's glory.....Seriously...worst luck ever. UPS somehow managed to "auto correct" our address in their system. So our packages were being sent to NE 168th rather then SE 168th...to the home of a lovely family who spend the winter in Arizona. How do I know this? Because I went over and left a note on their doorstep explaining the situation and asking them to please call us if any more packages show up. The kind neighbor checking on the house phoned and let me know that she was correcting UPS each time they came over. We finally actually spoke to someone at UPS (not an easy thing to do) and they have corrected our address in their system. We are hoping that no more of our tracked packages end up showing "delivered" but don't end up on our doorstep. In a first, the USPS managed to lose a package as well...this one was shipped to my parents home with our name AND their name on it. Somehow, it too was "delivered" but isn't anywhere to be seen. I learned of this after waiting on hold (listening to some of the WORST hold music ever) for over 30 minutes. I spoke to someone (English was not their first language) and was told that the package in question was delivered Dec 9th...wich would be great IF the package actually appeared. I've had a couple items show up broken, one get lost...only to be delivered 3 weeks late (it made an unfortunate detour to NE 168th.....which is how we learned of the mix-up to begin with). I'm sort of over the whole shipping challenge for this year. I can completely understand and empathize with the whole "going postal" notion now. Sigh. We hope you are all enjoying better luck.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you've had as much fun with delivery of mail as I had with HP.
"Are you calling from South Korea?" was what they asked. "No, I'm calling from the United States." is what I said. Followed by the single stupidest question in the world, "Are you SURE you're not calling from South Korea?". Yup, pretty darn sure. What is the matter with these people? I love outsourcing.