Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kids Say (and do) the funniest things....


All babies at some point in time do something that makes their parents ponder the possibility that they are raising the NEXT "Doogie Howser" (for those of you too young to understand that reference, google it. You'll be surprised.) Brog is providing us with multiple moments of reflection. He is very fond of mirroring behavior and getting things done JUST RIGHT. If he sees us do it one way, he will insist on doing it himself and will become frustrated after several attempt should he not be successful in achieving it JUST SO. The other day we were building with blocks. I showed him how to stack them. Then I turned around to put some of his clothes away. When I turned back, he had stacked 8 blocks on top of each other to build a tower and was clapping for himself. SOOO cute!

Kayla showed up at my bedside in the middle of the night in a rather terrified state. She declared that she had a bad dream. When asked to explain the bad dream she informed me that is was about a gigantic Lady Bug that tried to "buzz" her. She said it followed her from the dinning hall all the way home and when it tried to follow her into her bedroom she says it shrunk down tiny small and sat on her bed. Only Kayla would have nightmares about lady bugs.

Cass has recently begun ordering her own breakfast. Today she walked up to the counter and asked, "I would like some pig please. You probably call it BACON." This was only made better by the smirk she gave me accompanied by a single "I know these things" type finger tap to her forehead.

3 comments:

Five Pines said...

The girls are really very photogenic. I'm sure I would have them entered in some contest somewhere!

Carrie said...

i like the lady bug dream that included the dining hall. Just last night I dreamt i was back at SPS as a sixth former but still married to Pete, who was my roommate in Kitt II... Your whole house had slanty ceilings like the one in the bath room at Bzr's place his first year. Pete and Brian had to walk around with their heads slanted in the dream... Bizarre, i know, but really funny!

Chelsea said...

Cass is the coolest. Actually, all your kids are pretty cool. We miss you and nobody around here is tough enough to stand up to Kip. We need Brogan...