Thursday, September 15, 2011

The last time...

Sigh. And so it begins. Brogan has started preschool.
Have you ever seen someone so excited about school?
When Brogan was born, we knew he would be our LAST baby. And since then I have sadly watch and listened and experienced "The first time...for the LAST time." Meaning, that I would never watch another one of my babies take their first steps, say their first words, or start their first day of preschool again. He is it for us. And so, today I dropped Brogan off for the FIRST day for preschool, knowing that it would be the LAST time I drop one of my own children off for the First day of preschool. It's sort of sad. But it is also kinda cool. We are excited about watching Brogan grow. And he is just SO different from his sisters that I feel like I am getting a lot of firsts with him that I never got with the girls. This little man is one sweet boy and, I'm told that today, while playing in the "dramatic play" section of class Brogan had a tray of muffins. One of the other boys wanted some and Brogan very diplomatically said, "Why don't we share? I'm 3, so I should get 3...how old are you?" Such a relief to know that although your kids don't always show they are learning these lessons at home, they show it in public...where it matters. Today was an excellent first day of preschool.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

So cute! But he totally should have worn his knight outfit to the first day of school. I'm thinking he and Kip will totally be on the same wavelength when we come back to visit :)

Jennifer said...

You've got to slow him down on the "growing up" thing. He's got such an imagination, he'll have fun in preschool.

Paul said...

Does that mean I should get 23 muffins? Yes!!!