Monday, March 23, 2009

Why we don't like coming home from Vacation....


Yeah, that's a big ol' hole in our kitchen ceiling. This morning the girls went down to start the breakfast process. It isn't unusual for them to spill something. So, when I joined them in the kitchen and stepped in a puddle, I wasn't surprised. But, it wasn't them and I concluded that it was the result of a hastily made sippy cup that night. I wiped it up, and walked away for a bit. Only to go back into the kitchen and step in a new puddle. I assumed I had missed a spot and bent down to clean it up only to be rewarded by a drip on my head. I looked up and was rewarded with another little drip on my head and my first glimps of what promises to become one big problem. When I left for work this morning it looked like a baseball sized blister on the ceiling. I came home to the huge hole...and this isn't the only one. In order to locate the source of the drip, our helpful maintenance men also cut a Brogan sized hole in his bedroom wall (it is located just above the kitchen). Turns out that our plumbing is fine...the sprinkler system on the other hand, NOT SO MUCH. At this point, we don't know how extensive the damage is, but it's all good. They are sending over another group of guys tomorrow to fix things. Brogan is intensely interested in all the cool tools, ladders and interesting noises that have suddenly come into our lives. As far as disasters go, we know this isn't a big one. But, it's new and blog worthy. We'll keep you posted.

No comments: